Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Choose h" - Policy responses to global warming

It is important to distingish what one country chooses to do from what the rest of the world chooses to do... "we" (meaning the human race) can't do anything, only YOU (either individually or through your elected representives, who exert some minimal control over your fellow citizens) can do anything. The rest of the world will operate largely independently of your actions.

Thus the concern with Kyoto that many nations are not signatories... Canada produces 2% of the greenhouse gas emissions in the world. If the other 98% are obligated to do very little under Kyoto (or are not signatories), then one might ask: "why be suckers for a lost cause?"

(to be continued....)

2 comments:

Chuk said...

Continued? When?

mirkhosro said...

Hi,
The thing that catched my eye in your blog is that your were a software developer, then an economist, and then a software developer again.
I too, finished my B.S. in computer science, but switched my major to economics in M.S. I'd like to know why did you turned back to software development again. I'm just curious.